Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rachel's Sustainable Feast

On my last post I was sharing with everyone the exciting news about Merlin's Bark Products being invited to be exhibitors at the 2nd Annual Rachel's Sustainable Feast (which why I haven't been able to add any of our new creations to Merlin's Bark Products Etsy shop). Since everyone probably would love to go the festival (and drop by our booth), I figured that I should help spread the word on Rachel's Sustainable Feast. Here's some information I got off of The Rachel Carson Homstead Web site. I hope you find the information useful!

**************************
Rachel's Sustainable Feast
May 25 Rain or Shine; Noon to 5:00 p.m. – Bring your appetite for great local food and your love of the region to the 2nd annual Rachel's Sustainable Feast at the Rachel Carson Homestead in Springdale, PA. The best of Pittsburgh's chefs committed to buying locally, more local farmers' markets, and as many of the region's great environment, conservation and fair-trade organizations and vendors as we can squeeze into the block party. The event is held in celebration of Rachel Carson's birthday (May 27) and helps connect people to all the great things going on in Pittsburgh's backyard.

This year we're challenging people to travel to the event in as sustainable a method as possible - walk, bike, paddle, bus, carpool, use alternative fuel. A guest celebrity will be giving out special prizes for the most innovative modes of travel. More details to come.

Organizing partners include big Burrito Restaurant Group, Parkhurst Dining Services, Pennsylvania Association of Sustainable Agriculture, Slow Food Pittsburgh and Whole Foods Market.

****************************

I'll be barking to you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've marked it down on my calendar! I can't wait to see your products!