Thursday, April 3, 2008

Being a CEO

I guess word is getting out that I’m the head honcho of Merlin’s Bark Products. Lately, I’ve had some pups from around the neighborhood asking me about what qualifications I have to be a CEO and how they can become CEO’s too.

As far as qualifications goes, I am proud to say that I am a 2001 graduate of Puppy Pre-School and that I graduated with high honors. As soon as I figured out that a pup could earn treats by just sitting, staying, or coming when called, I was hooked. Whenever our pre-school teacher would call out to another puppy to come to her and sit, I would run by that pup and plop myself right down in front of the teacher to see if I could get a treat too. The teacher would just laugh and say something about how gosh-darn cute I was and give me whatever tasty treat she had in her pocket. I guess you could say that was when I learned about getting ahead of other pups and the marketability of being cute.

I am also proud to say that I have previous working experience too. I have been the Morale Officer of my household since I came to live with my parents nearly eight years ago. And I haven’t stopped being a Morale Officer since becoming a CEO either. Sure it is a lot of work, but I have been able to find ways to handle all of the responsibilities that come with both jobs.

As far as my recommendations to other pups that dream about becoming the CEO of their own company someday – have your parents start up a company and put you in charge of it! It worked for me. Sure I came up with the concept of Merlin’s Bark Products by myself, but I needed my parents help to get things going. There is only so much one pup can do.

Now that I’ve told the world about the secrets to my success, I hope other pups will be inspired to take the big leap into the business world and start running their own companies. It sure would be nice to have more pups out here in the business world with me.

Until then, I’ll be barking to you later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well how do we know you didn't cop your quals off the internet?!! You should be selling the secrets of your success on informercials!
Great blog- I got a nice laugh :)

Merlin said...

Don't you know that a corgi can't tell a lie - it isn't in their nature. Thanks for you comment!