Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yoga Doggies!

Since I have become a CEO I have found myself feeling stressed-out from all the CEOing and decision-making I am faced with everyday. It is hard being a CEO! So I have been trying to think of different ways to de-stress. I thought about chasing the neighbor’s cats (Max and Jacks) around the yard a couple of times. But while that is a lot of fun, it just gets me over excited and puts me in a tizzy for a couple of hours. I needed something that would be relaxing and calming. I thought eating cookies and cupcakes might do the trick, but then I was reminded that I get very serious when I am around food and can get quite obsessive about eating every last bit. So that didn’t sound like it would be very relaxing after all. I thought about chasing and barking at the vacuum, but while that is great fun (just like chasing Max and Jacks) it just puts me in a tizzy also. So just what is there for a pup to do to de-stress and relax a little bit? A quick Google search finally gave me the answer I had been searching for - Doga! What a fantastic idea! Yoga for dogs!

Think about it, yoga and dogs is the perfect combination. What’s the most common yoga stretch position for humans? The downward-facing dog! And I didn’t realize it until I read the articles, but one of my favorite things is actually a form of doga. The savasana relaxation pose is all about pups lying on their backs while someone rubs their belly. Talk about barking up the right tree! While I haven’t signed up for any formal classes yet, I have been trying to use more doga positions and movements in my daily life. Speaking of which, I could use a little savasana relaxation pose right now. I’ll be barking to you later!

No comments: