Sunday, June 15, 2008

Falcon Update!

I am sure that many of you recall me blogging about the peregrine falcons in the Pittsburgh area last month. Well, I have some more good news to share about my falcon friends. The National Aviary and Pennsylvania Game Commission recently announced that they have identified two additional peregrine falcon nests in the Pittsburgh area! Not only that, but the game commission has confirmed that a pair of falcons have established a "natural nest" on a cliff in Union County. This is only the third wild nest that peregrines have successfully established in Pennsylvania in over 50 years. While it is sad that it nest in Northumberland is only the third wild nest in 50-years, it is great to see that they are making a comeback. I can only hope that the falcons keep on flying high and growing in numbers! Check out this Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article for more information on the report.

I'll be barking to you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! We have peregrines nesting in downtown Boise, actually on the building my husband works in!