Friday, March 28, 2008

Dual Feeders & Flying Squirrels

When I haven't been busy CEO'ing Merlin's Bark Products, I've been watching all of the goings-on out in my yard. I noticed that there sure is quite a variety of diffent birds and squirrels hanging out around our feeders. While most of the birds don't have a problem sharing a feeder, those dang blue jays sure have an attitude problem. They don’t seem to care that there is plenty of room and food for everyone; they just want all the food to themselves. Greedy little buggers if you asked me. Then again, I would not even think about sharing my bowl with another dog. Though, I might be a little nicer about it than the blue jays are. Then again…

Anyhow, I really wanted to talk to you about dual feeders and flying squirrels. While we get the usual gray squirrels and red squirrels at our dual feeder, we also get my absolute favorite – flying squirrels! You might remember me blogging a couple of weeks ago about installing a Trexed-Out Dual Feeder in my own yard. Our dual feeder is installed right beside a very large old pine tree that just happens to be the home of a family of flying squirrels. They are a lot harder to get a good look at since they only come out at night, but they sure are cute little furry creatures. I am really glad that we have a dual feeder by the tree and not just a regular squirrel feeder. Since the flying squirrels are much smaller than their larger cousins I doubt that they would be able to lift up the feeder lid to get at the goodies. These little guys just scoop out the seeds from the bottom of the dual feeder where the birds do. I like it that they are able to enjoy the feeder too. After all, Merlin’s Bark Products dual feeders are supposed to be a one-stop snack shop for all the little feathered and furry friends.

If you have flying squirrels in your trees you should check out the dual feeders in our Etsy shop. We have dual feeders made out of cedar and dual feeders made out of Trex. If you haven't already stopped by our Etsy shop please do so. And make sure you check back often since I am working hard on adding some new items really soon.

As usual, I'll be barking to you later!

No comments: