Sunday, March 16, 2008

Squirrel Munch Box

Today was a big day for Merlin's Bark Products. One of our Trex squirrel feeders was installed on a testing tree. I must say that I am very pleased with the results. I decided to go with a dual purpose feeder. This particular feeder can be used by squirrel and birds. The bottle of the plexiglas has a little cutout on the bottom so that the birds can get at the seeds too. The squirrels can get access to the seeds (and peanuts) by either lifting up the top or by scooping out the seeds on the bottom. What a great idea!

Another interesting thing about the squirrel/bird feeder is that pocket hole joints were used to connect the pieces of Trex together. I felt that if it was good enough for the Romans to use - that it was good enough for Merlin's Bark Products.

I am also working on another duel squirrel/bird feeder made out of red cedar that will have an extra large deck on the front. It will be perfect for the squirrels and birds to lounge on. I'll keep you up dated on how that project is going as well as how the Trex feeder is doing on the testing tree. Until then, I'll be barking to you later!

No comments: