Thursday, March 13, 2008

Feeding Squirrels

Everyday after dinner I always make sure that the squirrels and birds in my yard receive a full assortment of goodies in their munch boxes and feeders. While the birds usually only get black oil sunflowers seeds to eat - the squirrels receive a delicious mixture of sunflower seeds and whole roasted peanuts still in their shells. I am always extra excited when the squirrels receive their food. Lucky for me, the peanuts have a habit of spilling out onto the ground and I have mastered the art of shelling peanuts! It sure does take a lot of hard work and skill getting peanuts out of their shells, but it is always worth the extra effort when they end up in my tummy.

It also takes a lot of hard work and skill to handcraft one of the squirrel munch boxes that we will be selling soon. On one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I was working on a couple different squirrel feeder prototypes made out of Trex . I am happy to report that the prototypes are looking good and that we should have some up in the testing trees soon. Just wait until the squirrels try to chew on a Trex made squirrel feeder!

I better be heading back to the workshop. I'll be barking to you later!

No comments: